This is the Black Dog 'Sonic X' 25 round magazine for AR15 .22 conversions.
Manufactured from tough polycarbonate sonically welded together, instead of the hex screws and brass inserts found on the previous X form model.
The full length weld makes them more durable with repeated impacts on concrete range floors, they are also cheaper and lighter without the screws and assembly.
Available with either Black Nylon or Stainless Steel feed lips, both of which have a single mono block shape, so no risk of seam splits or chips. Both types are extremely hard wearing, so material choice is down to personal preference, tough slippy black nylon or shiny and durable cast stainless steel.
Compatible with all AR 15 .22s using the common CMMG/Ciener/Atchinson format mechanism, including:
- Atchison / Ciener conversions
- Bushmaster C22
- JP rifles
- Kriss Defiance (works with the Nylon Lip model)
- Sig Sauer 522 (the branded 522 mags were an early Black Dog design - we recommend the Nylon Lip model for 522s)
- Spikes Tactical
- Tactical Solutions
- Target Master
Will not fit the following rifles which have different mechanisms and magazines:
- Bushmaster Carbon 15.22 (old format)
- CZ v22
- Colt/DPMS conversion kits (old format)
- Southern Gun Company v22 (based on the CZ v22 mechanism)
- Olympic Arms, Bremmer Arms and M261 conversions
- Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
- Tippmann Arms M4
- Walther & Umarex manufactured .22 replicas (Colt M4, Colt M16, Hammerli Tac R1, HK 416, HK G36, Beretta ARX 160)